Below shows the planned and proposed structure of my dissertation. I have stripped back each chapter accordingly in line with my research to date, in order to ease the writing process through being heavily structured and planned.
Each chapter will include sub chapters focusing on specific elements of research and my research methodologies to date, in order to answer the proposed research question/topic.
By breaking this down, this has enabled me to work out what specific content needs to be included, whilst working out word counts effectively for each chapter.
From this each chapter will be broken down, planned in relation to collated research, and evidenced on my blog accordingly.
- Title Page
- Contents Page
- Chapter 1 – Context of My Practice (Professional, Theoretical)
- The Self-Perception Theory
- Social Identity Theory
- The Mirror Stage
- The Male Gaze and The Self-Surveying Gaze Theory
- Chapter 2 – Method of Practice (Methodologies and Ethics)
- Journals, Books, Articles
- Visual (including Critical Design)
- Alternate Perspectives
- Chapter 3 – Research Findings
- Summary of Research Findings
- UK vs Japanese Self-Perceptions within the Beauty and Fashion Industries